PRIZES AND AWARDS
Tiriki Onus and Alec Morgan film Ablaze. 2021. Premiered at Melbourne International Film Festival.
- Awgie Award for Best Documentary Script - Broadcast or Exhibition.
- Atom Award for Best Documentary - Social and Political Issues
- Atom Award for Best Indigenous Video or Website
- Victorian Premier's History Award. Described by the Judges as: 'Superbly Researched...History at it's best...An Important Contribution to Victorian History'.
- Official Selection In Maoriland 2022 Film Festival
- Shortlisted for the Digital History Prize in the 2022 NSW Premier's History Awards
Harris, Amanda. (with contributions from Shannon Foster, Tiriki Onus and Nardi Simpson). Representing Australian Aboriginal Music and Dance 1930-1970. New York: Bloomsbury Academic & Professional, 2020.
- 2021 Shortlist for the Prime Minister's Literary Award in Australian History
Barwick, L., Green, J., Vaarzon-Morel, P. (2020). Archival Returns: Central Australia and Beyond. Sydney, Australia: Sydney University Press.
- Winner of the Australian Society of Archivists Mander Jones Award
Georgia Curran, Linda Barwick, Myfany Turpin, Fiona Walsh, and Mary Laughren. "Central Australian Aboriginal Songs and Biocultural Knowledge: Evidence from Women's Ceremonies Relating to Edible Seeds." Journal of Ethnobiology 39(3), 2019: 354-370
- Honourable Mention in International Council for Traditional Music Article Prize 2021
Gululu dhuwala djalkiri - Exhibition curated by Matt Poll, Rebecca Conway and and representatives of Milingimbi Art and Culture, Yurrwi Island, Bula'bula Arts, Ramingining, and Bukularrŋgay Mulka, Yirrkala Art Centre.
- Highly Commended in the Museums and Galleries of NSW 2021 Imagine Awards
IN THE MEDIA
- .Richard Glover. Ngarigo - Living in the Snowy Mountains for 20,000 years. ABC News. Jun 8 2022. www.abc.net.au/sydney/programs/self-improvement-wednesday/siw-jakelin-troy/13920896.
- Lyndon Ormond-Parker, Archie Thomas & Daniel Featherstone. Natural disasters and the COVID-19 pandemic reveal the crucial role of First Nations media. The Conversation. March 16, 2022. theconversation.com/natural-disasters-and-the-covid-19-pandemic-reveal-the-crucial-role-of-first-nations-media-178769
- Deaundre Espejo. Love, truth-telling and success: Insights from Yabun Festival 2021. Honi Soit. January 28, 2021. honisoit.com/2021/01/love-truth-telling-and-success-insights-from-yabun-festival-2021/
- Amanda Harris. New book: Representing Australian Aboriginal Music and Dance 1930-1970. Resonate Magazine. January 12, 2021. https://www.australianmusiccentre.com.au/article/new-book-representing-australian-aboriginal-music-and-dance-1930-1970
- Amanda Harris. Whose voices get to be heard? Limelight Magazine. April 19, 2021. https://limelightmagazine.com.au/features/whose-voices-get-to-be-heard/
- Tys Occhiuzzi. Traditional owners concerned with plan to dump spoil in Kosciuszko National Park. NITV. Jul 20 2021. www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2021/07/20/traditional-owners-concerned-plan-dump-spoil-kosciuszko-national-park
- Xinhua. Australian station uses cities' traditional names in recognition of aboriginal culture. Global Times. Jul 06, 2021.www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2021/07/20/traditional-owners-concerned-plan-dump-spoil-kosciuszko-national-park
- Richard Glover. 'Self Improvement: Revitalising an Ancient Aboriginal Snow Song.' ABC News. Jul 7, 2021. www.abc.net.au/sydney/programs/self-improvement-wednesday/siw-jaky-troy/13435746
- Amanda Harris. Review: Black Drop Effect, directed by Felix Cross for Sydney Festival. The Conversation. January 16, 2020. theconversation.com/black-drop-effect-review-infusing-the-present-moment-with-layers-of-the-past-129785
- Isabella Higgins. The destruction of a mighty fiddleback in Victoria sparks a common conundrum for Aboriginal Australians. ABC News. 31 Oct 2020. www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-31/indigenous-heritage-djab-wurrung-tree/12830616
- Isabella Higgins. University fee hikes will hit Indigenous students hard and put Closing the Gap targets at risk, advocates say. ABC News. October 11, 2020. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-11/university-fee-hikes-putting-closing-the-gap-targets-at-risk/12746932
- Hannah Cross. Nambal, boya, barnda, awarnda: our words for 'coin'. National Indigenous Times. April 16, 2019. https://www.nit.com.au/nambal-boya-barnda-awarnda-our-words-for-coin/
- Gerry Lyons. Tiriki Onus Has A Chat About New Film "Ablaze". 3KND Kool N Deadly. May 25 2022. www.3knd.org.au/post/tiriki-onus-has-a-chat-about-new-film-ablaze.
- Jacinta Parsons and Brian Nankervis. The true story of the first Aboriginal filmmaker Bill Onus. ABC News. Feb 25, 2022. www.abc.net.au/melbourne/programs/thefridayrevue/tiriki-onus/13771584.
- Todd Burns. Dr. Amanda Harris Interview. Music Journalism Insider. January 25, 2021. https://musicjournalism.substack.com/p/dr-amanda-harris-interview
- Madeline Ward. Interview With Matt Poll, Curator of Ambassadors. Honi Soit. January 22, 2020. honisoit.com/2020/01/interview-matt-poll-curator-of-ambassadors/
- Cassandra Pybus and Jakelin Troy. Truganini. Sydney Writer's Festival. June 3, 2020. omny.fm/shows/sydney-writers-festival/cassandra-pybus-truganini#description